A break

When do you need a break? When it is too fast or too slow? For me, it is nothing different from riding a motor bike. It is when the road is too overwhelming, when I need to check the map, the road, and when I know my bike is too heated. Similarly, it is like when to stop too. My point is working or pushing yourself too hard without a break can break yourself and when something break mostly brings you no good. You will waste lots of time fixing yourself up. Likewise, when you workout and risk injuring yourself by continually doing rep without break. Or, study 10h straight without breaks and you will burnout for the rest of the week. Knowing when to break is as important as knowing when to stop i.e., if it doesn't worth breaking yourself then don't risk it. It's all about knowing yourself and your limit. Consistency over rush, marathon over sprint. Rather go intense for a short period then a quick break just like how I set my pomodoro 25mn 5mn for break. However, be aware that a break from doing nothing or doing something for the sake of busyness is still called procrastination because none of your efforts is effective. Thus, make it as a reward then your productivity toward your goal will improve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Percent

Slow down

Core beliefs